Author: Vincent Granville
This resource is part of a series on specific topics related to data science: regression, clustering, neural networks, deep learning, decision trees, ensembles, correlation, Python, R, Tensorflow, SVM, data reduction, feature selection, experimental design, cross-validation, model fitting, and many more. To keep receiving these articles, sign up on DSC.
33 Statistical Concepts Explained in Simple English
- Probability Density Function/Probability Distribution Function: Definition, TI83 NormalPDF
- Probability Distribution: List of Statistical Distributions
- Probability Mass Function (PMF) / Frequency Function: Easy Definition, Examples
- Probability of A and B / A or B
- Probability of Picking From a Deck of Cards
- Probability of Selecting a Person from a Group or Committee
- Probability Problems: Solve them the easy way!
- Probability Sampling: Definition,Types, Advantages and Disadvantages
- Propensity Score Matching: Definition & Overview
- Prospective Study: Definition, Examples
- Purposive Sampling (Deliberate Sampling)
- P-Value in Statistical Hypothesis Tests: What is it?
- Pygmalion Effect / Rosenthal Effect: Definition, Examples
- Q Q Plots: Simple Definition & Example
- Quadratic Mean / Root Mean Square
- Quadratic Regression: Simple Definition, TI-Calculator Instructions
- Qualitative Variable: Definition and Examples
- Quantile: Definition and How to Find Them in Easy Steps
- Quantitative Variables (Numeric Variables) in Statistics: Definition, Examples
- Quota Sampling: Definition and Examples
- Q-Value: Definition and Examples
- Random Event: Definition, How to Find Probability
- Randomization in Statistics and Experimental Design
- Random Variable: What is it in Statistics?
- Range Rule of Thumb
- Ratio Scale: Definitions, Examples of Ratio Variables
- Rayleigh Distribution: Definition, Uses, Mean, Variance
- Recall Bias: Definition, Examples, Strategies to Avoid it
- Receiver Operating Characteristic (ROC) Curve: Definition, Example
- Row Echelon Form & Reduced Row Echelon Form
- Regression to the Mean: Definition, Examples
- Regularization: Simple Definition, L1 & L2 Penalties
- Rejection Region (Critical Region) for Statistical Tests
Previous editions, in alphabetical order, can be accessed here:
To make sure you keep getting these emails, please add email@example.com to your address book or whitelist us.